I'd kind of lost my love for running throughout the years. Busy work and school schedules and long to-do lists (and FL heat of course) left running way down at the bottom of my to-do list. But when we moved up to NOVA, I of course took to the mountain trails and rekindled my old flame. There's something so mentally refreshing to me about a morning run along the mountain.
Being pregnant has made it difficult for me to really master my speed, so I've found myself struggling to run to what has always been my default upbeat workout playlist. My feet can't match the tempo, and I'm all thrown off. So, over the past month I've been trying to put together a playlist with just enough funk to keep me going, but enough mellow to leave me mentally enjoying my run- and I think I've finally got it!
I thought I'd share what's become my favorite compilation during these last few morning runs. This list goes from raw and rootsy rock, to southern-style blues, to upbeat alternative. It leaves me feeling motivated, yet still refreshed every step of the way.
- Dunes- Alabama Shakes
- The Other Side of Paradise- Glass Animals
- The Great Salt Lake- Band of Horses
- Diane Young- Vampire Weekend
- I Give You Power- Arcade Fire
- Little Record Girl- Bahamas
- Cosmic Love- Florence + The Machine
- Cold Light- Operators
- You Don't Get Me High Anymore- Phantogram
- Pink Lemonade- James Bay
- Afraid of Summer- Lost Lander
- Fool for Love- Lord Huron
- Coolin' Out- Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats
- The Man- Goat Girl
- Silly Me- Yeasayer
- Sweet Disposition- The Temper Trap
- My Silver Lining- First Aid Kit
- Bad Habit- The Kooks
- In Cold Blood- alt-J
- What You Know- Two Door Cinema Club
- Broken- The Record Company
- Way Down We Go- Kaleo
- Last Ride- Black Pistol Fire
- King of What- The Revivalists
- Mourning Sound- Grizzly Bear
And that's it! Twenty-five of my favorite songs to have on loop during my trail-runs. It's already my most-played playlist!
Have a favorite playlist or run-anthem you'd like to share? Comment below! I'm always up for exploring new music and trying out new tunes on my runs!