Sunshine is coming in real life and in the form of some sweet blogging recognition for me! Woot Woot!
I woke up on my last day in Florida to the sweetest nomination from my sweet friend Taylor over at Generation Tay for The Sunshine Blogger Award!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a peer recognized award given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring across the digital world! So obviously I'm flattered!
I met Taylor almost a year ago at an annual BlogHer conference for female bloggers, writers, and digital media entrepreneurs and we clicked right away! Her blog is aimed at empowering millennial females in the workforce, in their entrepreneurial efforts, and in life in general! She's such an amazing writer and person, and I'm so thankful to have met her!
Thanks Taylor, for your nomination and being such a kick-ass member of my blogger-tribe!
In accordance with the rules of The Sunshine Blogger Award, I'm answering 11 of Taylor's Q+A questions for me below, as well as nominating 11 others to answer 11 of their own questions I'll provide at the bottom of this post, as well as rules for accepting the award!
1. Why did you start blogging? Is there a story behind the name of your blog?
I started blogging just shy of two years ago, looking to vocalize a new chapter in my life. I had previously been a single girl, no kids of my own and then BOOM, I met a boy and his boy. Suddenly overnight it seemed I'd taken on this whole new role in life as this family woman, and I wanted to share that with others who might be taking on the same role. Thus, The Family Ma'am Blog began. In the last year though, my life has really changed dramatically. So, I recently decided to make some changes to my blog that really reflected this new journey into motherhood and womanhood I'm on.
2. If you had to choose one characteristic about yourself to amplify, what would it be? Why?
Sometimes I really wish I was more patient, especially in motherhood. I always had this dream that I'd be this calm and collected mother. In actuality, I'm that mom yelling across the house in fury because I just had to repeat myself for the fifth time! Ha!
3. What's one thing that gets you out of bed in the morning?
This is a hard one, because these days it's either my insane urge to pee or food lol! But in the grand scheme, it's my family. I have a kind and hard-working husband who always pushes me to pursue my dreams, which really makes it easy to stay motivated; an incredibly sweet and spunky son who bring so much joy and laughter to my days; and a beautiful little girl on the way! Who could stay in bed?!
4. If you lived in a world without technology, how would you spend your free time?
You know I'd be writing!
5. Who do you confide in/trust the most?
Definitely my husband! He is my absolute best friend and the most sound-minded person I've ever known. Even in my worst moments, he has a way of calming me and helping me to look at the bigger picture. He never judges, and is so positive and uplifting! And during the times when I just need to cry it out, he never leaves me be! He'll hold me until I get it all out! He is truly the best partner!
6. Say you're having a bad day - what's your go-to pick-me-up?
Honestly, sometimes the best thing for my mental health is just some time by myself! Driving to a local coffee shop and doing some quiet reading or work, away from home and out of my element is my favorite way to get out of a funk!
7. Fill in the blank: There is no problem _____ can't solve.
Time. I'm a firm believer that even the biggest problems can be solved or minimized with time. Everything feels big in the heat of the moment. Whether it's taking time to reflect on a solution, or just waiting it out completely- time can solve so many things.
8. If you had to move to a new city next week, where would you move?
Asheville, NC in a heartbeat! We've been visiting for years, and now it feels more like a second home to me than anything.
9. List three items on your bucket list you hope to check off soon.
- A trip to the Swiss Alps, which we're hoping to make happen sometime next summer if we can budget accordingly.
- Hiking in the Adirondacks.
- Havasu Creek in Arizona.
10. You're writing a memoir about your life so far! Surprise! What do you think the title should be?
In a way, I think blogging is a form of memoir, so I'd probably just stick with my blog name!
11. What are your goals for the future of your blog?
Last year, I took a big leap and made my blog's main priority monetizing. Now that I've done that, I'm in this in-between stage that I'd like to conquer; finding the proper balance between making a good career out of blogging, and not stunting my creative self-element.
Rules for Accepting Award and Nominating Others
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you in their nomination blog post.
- Nominate (at least) 11 new bloggers to receive the award.
- Write 11 new questions you would like your nominees to answer.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post/on your blog.
- Contact your nominees to let them know you nominated them!
- What has your blogging journey been like? What's your story?
- What is the first thing you'd do if you won the lottery?
- Who inspires you to be better? How?
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
- What's most important to you to accomplish in 2018?
- What do you love the most about blogging?
- What is your dream destination?
- How do you overcome your fears?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your favorite way to self-care?