I've been a little silent lately, but for good reason, I swear! It's been a whole month with my sweet girl earth side (let me go sob now.) They aren't lying when they say time flies! I blinked and a month passed! So, I'm doing my best to soak up every little second with my girl.
The past month has been filled with some of the best days of my life, but also some of the most challenging. It's been quite the adjustment going from just one kiddo to two. I'm learning to balance my time with the kids, live off of some very broken sleep patterns, and make an effort to have some me time too! It’s all much easier said than done!
Every day I notice Millie change a little. It's incredible the difference that just a few short weeks can make! She has gone from being a tiny newborn, to a chunky little muffin! She's packing on the weight, and her hair is changing color. I've even noticed her eyes becoming a brighter blue!
Nursing is going well (a little too well I think!) Emilia eats, and eats, AND EATS. She's averaging about 12 feedings per day- and that’s if you don't count her evening cluster feeds separately! I'm making tons of milk, and am storing plenty to the side, which really come in handy on Michael's nights off when he kindly takes over!
Thing's we've learned about Millie:
- Shares the same birthmark as me!
- Clearly has Michael's temperament because she hardly ever fusses.
- Hates being nakey, but loves bath time!
- Farts louder than any grown man.
- Sleeps at night like a champ.
- Loves to snuggle.
- Rarely takes a pacifier, prefers her own thumb.
- Loves classical music and going out!
- Is a sucker for the ring sling!
Mill, Millie, Em, Emmy, Muffin
- Is wide-eyed and alert, and loves looking around.
- Has recently started cooing at mommy and daddy.
- Loves lifting her head, especially during a burping.
- Moves her head from side-to-side.
- Reacts to bright lights, and loud sounds.
I'm learning so much about my Em, and myself along the way too! I'm still on cloud nine, and just in love with motherhood. I feel so incredibly blessed in this life to have my sweet family and my baby girl. I can’t wait to continue to watch her grow.